How to Clean LVT Flooring
Luxury vinyl tile flooring is a great, durable option for people with a busy, high-impact lifestyle. However, even the sturdiest of floors need cleaning. We’ve put together some tips and tricks for how to correctly clean your LVT flooring to keep it looking great and functioning well.
- Use low-impact cleaning techniques.
Even though you may see a lot of dirt, resist the urge to use heavy-duty cleaning tools and supplies. Start with sweeping and vacuuming consistently, then use a mop with warm water and mild cleanser. Spot clean when necessary.
- Find the right cleanser.
Use the gentlest cleanser you can find, preferably cleansers made specifically for vinyl flooring. Do not use hot water, but instead opt for warm to lukewarm temperatures.
- Find the right mop.
LVT flooring is durable and can last for years. However, in order to keep it that way, opt for a mop that doesn’t have a built-in scrub brush. These can act almost as sandpaper on your flooring, which after prolonged use will wear it down much faster than normal day-to-day use. A micro-fiber mop works the best.
- Other tips:
- Place protective felt pads under furniture, such as chair and table legs.
- Use doormats at entrances to prevent dirt, dust, and other debris from being brought inside. This will make your daily and weekly cleaning easier.
- Do not place portable heaters on LVT flooring.
- Do not use steam cleaners, oil-based products, wax/varnish, or acetone.
At The Rug Gallery we sell our own line of Luxury Vinyl Tile called Luxury Performance Flooring. Waterproof, pet proof, and life proof, it’s the perfect option for all rooms in your home. For more information, please contact The Rug Gallery today.